Mary Leschper | Breaking Energy
Charts and Maps of America’s Amazing Shale Oil Revolution
AEI Carpe Diem Blog: Below are four charts and two maps that help tell the story of America’s Amazing Shale Oil Revolution:
1. The Big Three. Yesterday, the Department of Energy’s Energy Information Administration (EIA) updated its monthly “Drilling Productivity Report” with new estimates of oil production through August in America’s three, super-giant oil fields, the “Big Three”: the Bakken in North Dakota and Eagle Ford Shale and Permian Basin in Texas. As the chart above shows, each of those three elite oil fields has been producing more than one million barrels of oil per day – Permian Basin since the summer of 2011, the Eagle Ford Shale since the summer of 2013, and the Bakken since the spring of this year. In all of human history, there have only been ten oil fields in the world that have ever reached the one million barrel per day milestone, and three of those ten are now active in the US – thanks to the advanced drilling techniques (fracking and horizontal drilling) that started accessing oceans of shale oil in Texas and North Dakota about five years ago.
Read more: http://bit.ly/1neAvJ8
More industry news:
- U.S. Manufacturing Making a Comeback: http://bit.ly/1zMz20I
- Refiners in U.S. Run Record Crude as Plants Cash in on Cheap Oil: http://bloom.bg/1qKCdQt
- U.S. Should Decide on Ending Crude Exports Ban to Sustain Oil Boom, IEA Chief Says: http://reut.rs/1neOzSR
- Analysis: Shale-Rich America is ‘Indispensable’ http://bit.ly/1oMWiCY
- Bradley: Fracking Provides Opportunities in Virginia: http://bit.ly/1jTRnEp
- Consultant: Texas Shale Boom Could Be Nation’s Biggest Ever: http://on.wsj.com/1neDQHZ
- New York Senate Rejects Fracking Ban: http://bit.ly/UdKHVu
By Mary Leschper
Energy Tomorrow is brought to you by the American Petroleum Institute (API), which is the only national trade association that represents all aspects of America’s oil and natural gas industry. Our more than 500 corporate members, from the largest major oil company to the smallest of independents, come from all segments of the industry. They are producers, refiners, suppliers, pipeline operators and marine transporters, as well as service and supply companies that support all segments of the industry.